- Python 3.4.4 is the latest version build for XP.
- Java 1.8 (u152) works, but warns loudly that it is not really supported on XP.
- Apache Ant 1.10.1 is the latest, and seems to work fine.
- Git 2.10.0 is this is the latest available for XP.
- The shlex module from ouroboros was failing to build. This was because of UTF-8 characters that were not being accounted for in voc\transpiler.py. I have submitted a PR for this, and it has been merged.
- I ran into an issue that appears to be a problem with the flush() in runAsJava. Once I dug down far enough to find the actual error, I found a StackOverflow question that pointed me in the right direction. Popen(['java'], ...) was picking up java.exe from C:\Windows\System32 instead of the one in the %PATH%, so I had to rename the former.
- Due to performing this work on an under-powered machine, I had to increase the timeout for calling 'ant java' from tests\utils.py from 30 seconds to a minute.
While Python 3.6 apparently gets UTF-8 working correctly, a work-around for this issue on earlier versions of Python is done by setting the environment variable PYTHONIOENCODING to 'UTF-8'. I have had a fix ready for several days but have only had a little time here and there to test it. I have submitted a PR and will just see where it goes.